Privacy policy

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Bird tag with Vintage Beeswax Embossing

New stamps and Seth Apter Emerald Creek embossing powders arrived yesterday just as I was unloading all my old stamps to sort out. I could not wait to try the Vintage beeswax powder out and I had to use these little plaques from B Line Designs.
B Line Designs Enameled Plate cube ZTP129E
SSS Monday prompt this week is Ombre so I grabbed a tag and got messy. I used some MT tape of birds eggs and stamped an old prima bird image which I coloured with distress markers. I embossed the edges with a couple of Tim Holts folders and then distress inked the tag in four colours of blue distress, (Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass). I'm not sure how well the ombre effect worked with so many elements. I photographed it before I used the Vintage beeswax embossing powder.
Tag before embossing
I embossed the whole tag with three coats of Vintage beeswax powder and then added some Deep Sea powder around the bottom edges to darken the blue tones.  You can see the rich dark blue and speckles it created. The whole tag is shiny and vibrant - I love the effect.
Tag after embossing
 The beeswax does give a yellow tinge to the surface changing my blues to a more green tint. This is made more extreme by the artificial light I used as its such a dull day here. The finished surface is stiff and I was able to crack it which ages it especially on the plaques. I finished off with dyed seambinding and gold highlights with Liquid Leaf, Classic.

I think I might become addicted to this embossing powder - watch this space!

I am entering this in the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp:"Ombre" SSS link:
info on Seth Apter's Embossing powders


4 comments:

  1. Lovely ombre colours, and the vintage sheen from the beeswax powder is fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely tag! I also LOVE this embossing powder!!!
    Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp MOnday challenge! Please forgive me if this comment is way later than the challenge you joined in, but i had internet issue. I still wanted to thank you though for playing along with us and to let you know I appreciate your project!
    Have a gorgeous week!
    Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag. Love how the Vintage Beeswax added such a vintage touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit and comment I have had such a good time playing with these new powders. I am with you bring back embossing big time!

    ReplyDelete