Privacy policy

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Fairytale Christening Album

I have not been very organised with my posting lately but I have been making lots of albums and gifts and this week is a bit of a catch up on the blog.

A friend asked me to make an album as a gift for the christening her daughter’s new baby. We talked all about her daughter’s favourite animals and interests and colours. I have had fun weaving in lots of the elements from our conversation. It was challenging to mix the strong blue with the soft turquoise, lavender and mint. I hope it worked and the new mother will eventually enjoy telling her little girl about the things she loved when she was a girl.






The album uses the vivid blue for all the pages and then a range of other paper from my stash. The album is covered with 'Deer Forest' paper from Websters Pages, 'Royal Christmas' collection. It seemed very fairytale like and I have used it throughout the album.



I think this blue star scattered paper is perfect for any magical or childhood project. Its 'Jolly Jack-O-Lantern' from the Graphic 45 'Happy Haunting' Collection I also used a star punch to make the cream cardstock fit the design. I printed out lots of images from my own collection of  illustrations. I have always collected magical children's books with illustrations that I think are beautiful.








This envelope/pocket is decorated with polar bears which was one of the things my friend said her daughter loved.













The colours she requested were lavender, mint green, turquoise, strong blue and green. Quite a lot of colours to get to work together! These pages use some of Prima's 'Meeting a Fairy paper' from the Nature Garden Collection. I loved this paper when it came out so I bough plenty the delicate colours  fit the magical feel of the album and it works well with lots of the colours in the album.





Another request was for unicorns. There is something about unicorns that seems to appeal to most small girls. This is an illustration from a book my own daughter loved as a child,* with all those turquoise and greens it blends in beautifully. Other illustrations are fairytales and a musical maiden to reference the mother's musical talents.









Penguins and butterflies were another request. These pages use a piece of paper from DCWV Mariposa I have had this small piece of paper for years but it was so pretty with a slight sparkle to it I wanted to save it for a special project. I think the little pointy hats give this page a fun feel.






This page has a sweet vintage penguin illustration on a flip tag I used more stash paper. This colour is 'Island Mist Vintage.' Its Bo Bunny Double Dot, I love this paper and bought a lifetime supply of it in almost every colour it is so good for vintage projects and great for album pages. The paper for the main page is by Basic Grey and matched it perfectly.



I though these pages might be dull as they had no patterned paper but I really enjoyed adding touches of pattern and they are now some of my favourite.




I love this jolly moon and the little book with little pocket and belly band. Gnomes were also requested as they are part of the Norwegian culture where this new baby and family lives. I have put in lots of gnomes throughout mostly as tuck spots.





More pages using the cover paper and lots of Grimm's fairy tale images. One forms a pocket and the other a little booklet.



The album has lots of different pockets, envelopes, tuck spots and bands to hold journaling and photographs. I asked for some family photos of all the female line and scanned them to use on some of the tags and mats. Once the new baby pictures fill this album it will have images of four generations of the women from this family. I love the way albums connect families together through time.




The album ends with more twinkle twinkle stars and another jolly moon, a flip pocket page, a little gnome tuck spot and penguin booklet.











I am linking this post up with Mini Albums Monthly as its a long time since I joined in with these lovely ladies.
Also with A Vintage Journey who are inspiring all of us to use our paper stash.

*The Book "Unicorns Unicorns" is by Geraldine McCaughrean. Its a beautifully illustrated book that tells a magical tale about why the Unicorns did not make it onto the Ark.  

8 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I love all the little tuck spots and the papers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is a beautiful labor of love for your friend and will be a treasured reminder of her baby's christening. I loved reading about each page and am so happy you shared all of the photos. What a lovely journal filled with all her favorite things/colors! My favorite pages are the Nature's Garden (of course), but I do love the gnomes. And the page with the four female generations is a great idea! Well done, you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright blue really is very appealing, I love all of the images you added to the pages. The unicorn is delightful and will surely appeal to your friend's daughter and is such a lovely Christening gift. The starry pages are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Mini Album Makers this month. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful dreamy book! Thank you for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really know how to use that paper stash in the most wonderful way. Love your book and all the sunning details you have added. Thanks for traveling with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable fairy-tale book. I can see a child sitting down to look through all the wonderful images. Thanks for joining the Mini Album Makers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a charming fairytale album - and great use of all those bits and bobs of paper to create pockets and flaps and tags... lovely interactivity. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this theme! What a sweet album for a child. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with Mini Album Makers Challenge. I hope you had a great holiday season. Please forgive my delayed visit. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete