Privacy policy

Saturday 27 October 2018

First Card for Christmas 2018

Only those who buy all their Christmas cards think it is too early to be getting ready for Christmas.


I made my first Christmas card and my desk is covered in Christmas stamps, lots of silver, white and gold shiny stuff. I love all of the Christmas preparation and card making is usually my first task. I am trying to move away from green and red this year.

Ive used Oxide Distress in Antique Linen and a Tim Holtz stencil to add turquoise stars to the background. I used a mask to keep an area in the card clear where I wanted to stamp an image. I stamped the Lynne Perrella lady onto the card front using a mask I gave her some wings decorated with a hint of grey and a touch of blue sparkly Stickles. I also added sparkle to the stars in the background. I always get my Stickles out at Christmas and the room is covered in lots of drying, sticky, glittery decoration. I added a sentiment from Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings" stamp set. Finally some embossing powder in Shabby blue and frozen lake (by Stampendous) and a tiny touch of gold embossing to edge the grey mount card and sentiment.


I have just noticed a bit of bare card in the corner at the top of my card which I will have to touch up.

3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful card, and I love how it looks like looking out from a frozen window, with the stars shining outside- Wonderful colors, I do not use red and white either !!
    And shimmer and glitter belongs to winter :-)
    Dorthe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Amanda! I love the coloring and bits of beautiful frosty embossing! Gorgeous! I'm so inspired now to get started on my Christmas cards--I feel like I'm really late this year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft Antique Linen Oxide in the background has such a smoky look it almost looks like encaustic. There's a lovely serenity about the whole card. Congrats on getting started!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete