Privacy policy

Thursday 25 October 2018

Imagine Autumn



It feels much longer than three weeks since I had inky fingers. I had to look after my Mum for a while so normal life was on hold. Very strange not blogging or even getting time to check in with everyone blogs. Back to normal now so straight into stamping again Yay! I love Autumn, I still swish through all those crunch leaves. I have got back into the swing with a card for A Vintage Challenge's Autumn Splendour.


I made the background with heavy watercolour cardstock and used oxide inks to add a base colour. Then I used several Inkylicious plant stamps which I clear embossed to give some texture. Ive also inked some speckles and text and of course used some gold embossing powder. This is Ultra high Wow and Ive added a little Paprika to it (also from Wow) The background is mounted on a Kraft card base.


Next I made a handful of Autumn leaves using Sizzix, Susan's Garden 'Woodland leaves' dies. I cut out a few sets in Kraft, yellow and rust card and then smooched them in lots of browns and greens and some Spiced Marmalade inks I used both oxide and regular distress. I scrunched them up a bit to add shape to them. Once they were dry I stamped veins randomly onto them using my old Tim Holtz Falling leaves stamp set.


I then tried a paper doll but I was not happy with it as there was no contrast for all the brown tones. I  have taken out all my Christmas supplies this week. After rifling through them I decided these two fairy sisters would add a little colour and allow me to bring out the magic of this season full of change and beauty.


Even better all the work to create them was already done. I made these for our tree two years ago. They were created on the computer then printed out onto card and the wings decorated in Stickles.
These two were one of my favourites. It is nice to give them a special woodland setting all of their own.

Now my fingers are really colourful and I am a happy bunny. Off to visit all my neglected friends in the blogosphere now.


Linking up with:
A Vintage Journey Challenge Autumn Splendor
The Artistic Stamper  8th year Challenge Inktober
Country View Crafts Plant-tastic

10 comments:

  1. This is so very beautiful, a little dream, -so stunning.
    I love the fall tones you used, and the glittery spots from using gold embossing.
    The die cut leaves, the butterfly-fairies , everything is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card - I love the rich colours and the gorgeous addition of gold. The leaves are fabulous - they look so real. Everything about it is just perfectly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card - your background is just stunning and the paper dolls you chose atop the beautiful leaves is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, I love the Autumn colours and the sparkle and richnes of the embossing. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts, and have a lovely weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda! How do you manage to outdo yourself?! This is just lovely, and I was really excited to read that you entered into the Autumn Splendor challenge at A Vintage Journey, too! I love your background and my, oh, MY--THOSE LEAVES! Just stunning! Perfect choice, those two fairy sisters! This is just gorgeous, and I'm so happy you are back in the craft room again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very lovely, Amanda! I love everything about it!
    Thank you for playing with us this month at Country View Challenges!
    Have a good day!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful fall panel Amanda! I love the little girls with their blue wings and the wonderful array of fall leaves framing them - lovely textures and colors! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous piece, Amanda. I love those sparkling hints of gold and the rich warmth of the burnished rusty colours. The delicate stamping is exquisite. A joy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is your card ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous I love all the texture, its gorgeous, thank you for the tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete