Privacy policy

Friday 28 September 2018

Entomology stamps and framlits card

This is my first card using the Tim Holtz Entomology Framelits and stamps.


I used one piece of design tape on the left of the cream card front the whole surface was then covered  with brown Paperartsy fresco finish paint. I rubbed it back a little to allow the tape to show through in some areas. Next I used the crackle glaze over the whole card, let it dry and covered it in a coat of eggshell fresco paint. Once the paint had dries and the crackle effect was visible I stamped images onto tissue paper and collaged them on top of the painted surface. I wanted more crackle so I added decoArt Media crackle Glaze over the stamped areas. When this had air dried (after dinner) I rubbed over antiquing cream in Raw Umber and Red Oxide. I removed most of this colour and then used regular distress ink in Forest Moss, Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge to create an aged wood look and bring out the crackle more. I intended to cover most of the centre of the card so all my attention was given to the edges.



I layered the card with; some of the label embellishments I made earlier and some of my new coloured bugs.


I love the luminescent colours on the largest bug.


The text stamp is stamped onto a piece of old book paper. I folded, rolled and scrunched it up a little inking the edges to suggest a page from an old note book. The card is matted onto some rust coloured cardstock and a brown card base.

I am linking this up to the current More Mixed Media Challenge Anything Goes + Brown

2 comments:

  1. Simply amazing ,fantastic background with your different crackling, and love the beautiful bugs :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, totally scrumptious crackle in the background - it must have hurt to cover that up! Your insects look amazing with that fluorescent glow - still waiting for my Framelits, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing with them when they do arrive.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete