Privacy policy

Monday 24 September 2018

Back to Nature Autumn tag

I have changed the look of my blog a little so I can use bigger pictures. Pictures are so central to visual work. Today I wanted to experiment with Paperartsy's infusions and grunge paste. I worked on some book pages adhering them to card and cutting out a die from the Tim Holtz Bookplate and tag die. Next I used the paste through a stencil. Once it dried I used a heavy sprinkle and spritz of Slime  infusions.


By the time I had finished the text has almost disappeared. I love the range of colours that the infusions create. The texture paste  highlighted this effect as the colours pool and swirl around the patterned surface. I did use some distress ink in olive and forest moss but most of the colour comes from the infusions. I added very little to this as I wanted to allow the texture and colour show through.


I used some gold and terracotta embossing powder to create a defined edge. I die cut some tiny leaves from the Tiny Tattered Florals framlits set  and finished off with some dark brown Autumn plants from my garden.


This tag is partly inspired by the challenge over at A Vintage Journey where they prompt you to use natural objects, colours and themes this month. It is hard not to be conscious of nature at the change of seasons so much shifting colour and form in the garden as everything bursts its borders and dries out or turns rich browns and golden colours.


The tag is finished off with a quote from Van Gogh.

I am linking up to A Vintage Journey where they are challenging you to get  Back to Nature
Also joining in with That's Crafty Forever Autumn Challenge

6 comments:

  1. So love this , gorgeous use of stencils and sprays , and beautiful with the gift from your garden, Amanda!
    xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is gorgeous , Amanda. Fabulous texture. wonderful variations of colour tones and love the autumnal plant from your garden.
    Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb mixed media tag Amanda, love all the grunge. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for joining us at That's Crafty! for our monthly blog challenge.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, your tag is so full of yummy texture and gorgeous fall coloring! I am so pleased that you left it at that without much embellishment, as it really allows that background to shine! Love this, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer - such amazing texture and beautiful shadowy, earthy colour tones - this is a fabulous autumnal tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete