Privacy policy

Monday 3 December 2018

Lynne Perrella Christmas card

Now its definitely OK to be talking Christmas. I have been making cards for my overseas friends as they need be posted by the end of the week.


I wanted to use this Lynne Perrella lady and surround her in winter foliage. First I cut a few layers gold glitter, red card and more gold. Then I made an embossed background.


This used the same technique that I used in an earlier card. You can see above the card on the left before I did anything and on the right after stamping, adding a little bit of distress ink and running it through the big shot with a folder. The foliage was all cut from Tim Holtz's Holiday Greens thinlits set. I just cut one set and then snipped them apart to fit.


Next I stamped the lady onto smooth watercolour paper using Potting Shed Archival ink. I coloured her in and then embossed her a couple of times in clear power.


I love the shine and bumpy textured surface it gives. The final elements are a torn piece of encyclopedia paper about Christmas and a sentiment stamped in red ink edged in gold Stickles and embelished with random red Stickles holly berries. Working out colours from computer screens is a nightmare. I ordered Nuvo Crystal drops in Red Berry but unlike the name implies they are more pink than red. If you want the ideal colour for holly berries Xmas Red Stickles is perfect, so long as you are happy with glitter berries. 


Hope you are all having fun with your Christmas cards and have lots of glitter on your fingers. Thanks for visiting.

I'm linking this card with:
Simon Says Stamp who are asking for anything beginning with B. Mine is be for berries.
Country View Crafts thier final challenge for 2018 is Christmas
Stamping Sensations Winter Sparkle Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, I'm happy to see your Christmas cards are coming along and that you are getting festive! This is an amazing vintage festive card! I love the embossing and the touches of glitter/shimmer! A gorgeous make! And I've got glitter all over me, but sadly it's not from making Christmas cards, but from sorting and matching up ornaments to go into the store. It's been a year of processing literally thousands of ornaments all leading up to this season, but it feels so good to finally see them leave my house! Long story, but this has kept me busy for a full year now. Maybe soon...some Christmas cards?! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful, all festively decked out - what a creative use of that lovely stamp. Great card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete