Privacy policy

Saturday 25 August 2018

Embossed Magic Card

My second embossed card uses my all time favourite Vintage Beeswax embossing powder. This powder adds a yellowy translucent tone that ages any paper perfectly it looks textured and all the bumps catch the light beautifully.


I used the same technique on this card as the robin egg card but this time I used the Seth Apter/ Emerald Creek's Vintage Beeswax embossing powder on the raised embossed areas. It completely changes the tone of the paper. It is much darker and richer looking. The beeswax has a very different effect to the normal clear powder I used on the Robin egg card. it really does add a yellow wax encaustic look. Adding a single layer on the 'Magic Garden' element gives it texture as well as deepening the colour  of the paper.




I was tempted to emboss the little boy but I didn't want every element to have similar tones. I also left the book paper fragment with just a hint of green ink and no embossing. I have had a great time experimenting with the resists that embossing offers Vintage beeswax really is magic! I am off to play with my Deep Sea powder now . . . watch this space.


Im linking this to Paperartsy's Baked Texture challenge

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards , The embossed stencil pattern is looking gorgeous, and the color making it really like looking into a magic garden.
    Thank you much, for your so kind comment on my blog Amanda . xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, gorgeous shimmering texture from that combined dry and wet embossing - this is a fabulous card. I'm off to check out its partner piece...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! You've got me itching to go play with my baked texture powders! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete