Privacy policy

Friday 24 August 2018

Robin Egg Embossed Card

I was playing around with embossing this week and made a couple of cards. In the first I finally used the egg stamp Yey!


I have also used an embossing folder that I have had for ages and never tried out. I was prompted by both Paperartsy's Baked texture challenge and Vintage Journey's resist challenge. It all turned into quite a stash project. I started with patterned paper from my stash. I stamped some text to add detail to the green and cream open spaces on the paper. I embossed with the folder adding a little extra embossing with the folder at the bottom to make a longer piece. I used 2 coats of versamark and clear embossing powder to create a resist and then inked it with gathered twigs DI. I love the grungy, gritty effect created where small particles of embossing powder have stuck to the debossed areas and resisted the ink.


The snippet of book paper is from an old encyclopedia. Luckily I still had the bird entry


I avoided the bottom section with the embossing powder so the ink covers it all and creates a darker area giving a different effect. The card is finished off with my stamped fusycut egg, a coloured scrap of book paper and a pensive young lady from Tim Holtz Paper dolls. These colours all relate to the colours of the egg and the card is mounted on cardstock called - "Robin Egg." How appropriate was that!


Joining in with
Vintage Journey's challenge How Can you Resist
Artistic Stamper's challenge Anything Goes

Embossing folder used is Anna Griffin 'Aviary'
Stamp set Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous 'Bird Feather'
12 x 12 patterned paper by Bo Bunny 'Et Cetera - Watermark'
Robin Egg cardstock is by Kaisercraft

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Susi, I just discovered your art pinterest board so many lovely things! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely creation Amanda! I love the soft touches of blue on the background, the framing and the wonderful egg - the embossed background is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes, I love those hints of duck egg blue amidst the vintage neutrals, and again the textured background steals the show for me. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card with a wonderful touch of vintage charm . I love the touches of Duck egg blue wth the browns and creams and great emboss resist . Thanks for sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I've had this open on my desktop for days! This is so beautiful! I really love the soft colors and your emboss-resist! And I see you played along at A Vintage Journey, so I'll say thank you, too, for that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im honoured, thank you for your lovely comments. Embossing really is a magical process you never quite know how it will look and each time is unique. I enjoyed trying out resists so thanks to A Vintage Journey!

      Delete