Privacy policy

Wednesday 22 August 2018

WOYWW

Managed to get organised for calling in to Workdesk Wednesday. Desk is busy but organised today I am busy making gifts for new babies. I gave a great nephew a little set of handmade picture blocks for a welcome gift and it became a tradition I am now bound to. I dont mind as they are simple and fun to make but it is harder when the babies come in batches! Three to make this month. Thankfully I can make the blocks cuddle the babies and leave my work all done. I am glad I dont have the work of all three mums all crafting would be out the window. Must crack on now and get these all covered. Its picking the papers that always takes me the longest.


Hope to get time to visit more desks this week and thank you to all who visited and commented on mine last fortnight. Happy crafting x
WOYWW 481

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely family tradition Amanda and three babies to cuddle too! Thanks for visiting and the birthday wishes. Sarah #21

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit. Your blocks are adorable. And I love the papers on your work space. Have a great WOYWW kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea and tradition. Gorgeous papers. Enjoy cuddling the little ones. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our kids loved picture blocks - and a handmade set! A real treasure!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire no. 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great gift to be making - they look fab! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice gift, hope we get to see the finished item Karen 9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made some picture blocks a while back for Holiday decor. I loved how they turned out! Picking papers for me is hard, too! Happy crafting! Erica #26

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely crafting. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great baby gift ideas but sounds like you are going to be very busy. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a nice tradition to have started! The blocks look very cute. Thank you for your visit and for your good wishes. I so agree about kitties always being on the wrong side of the door! It's a mystery why we love them so much when they are always so perverse - I am convinced they do it deliberately!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #5

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traditions are great and wonderful to continue. Three babies is a lot at one time. LOL. Have a great week. Dorlene #30

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Amanda, three babies to cuddle and snuggle, how lovely! But yep, hard work for the mamas and I’d definitely rather be making them the blocks..what a lovely gift and a really nice tradition. I’m with you, the paper choice is hard for these things because of the tradition and the longevity of the blocks, you have to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amanda, what a lovely tradition you've started. I agree, it seems babies come in batches within families, don't they? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  14. The picture blocks sound like the perfect thing to give to new babies - I always do personalised bunting, in fact I'm working on one right now for my Great nephew Leo, who arrived a few weeks ago!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete